BOSTON (CBS) — Whereas each business was impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, the restaurant business has notably struggled and plenty of iconic Boston bars have completely closed consequently. Here’s a working checklist:
- The Fours Boston introduced it might be closing after 44 years on Canal Avenue. The restaurant was simply steps away from the TD Backyard and a treasure trove of sports activities memorabilia. “There’s not sufficient enterprise. No occasions. We have been constructed down right here for Backyard occasions. That’s what we’re constructed for,” proprietor Peter Colton advised WBZ.
- Cheers at Faneuil Hall Marketplace is closing after 20 years of enterprise. CEO Markus Ripperger the coronavirus pandemic and issues with the Market’s landlord have been elements within the determination to shut.
- The Pour Home within the Again Bay has been offered after 34 years in enterprise. In accordance with their Instagram page, it’s due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Irish pub Lir on Boylston Avenue is closing after 17 years. In a Facebook post, managers thanked their clients however didn’t specify why they determined to shut.
- McGreevy’s, an Irish pub and sports activities bar that neighbors Lir and The Pour Home, has closed through the pandemic.
- Deep Ellum in Allston didn’t reopen and as a substitute, the Lone Star will transfer into the restaurant’s area. “This pandemic and the ensuing closures have caught us all off guard,” their announcement on Facebook read.
- The Great Scott music club in Allston introduced in Might it might not be reopening after 44 years in enterprise.
Are you aware of one other Boston bar that has closed due to COVID-19? Electronic mail us at email@example.com.